Every year in January there’s one craft beer news day that’s bright enough to thaw the coldest winter day and light up the internet with excitement. That day is today – RateBeer.com has published the lists of the top beers, breweries, beer stores, brewpubs and bars in the world. These awards were based on the feedback of tens of thousands of RateBeer users and serve as a “snapshot in time” of the website as ratings are constantly being submitted and rankings change on an almost daily basis.
It’s not surprising that Ohio was well represented (I’ve been telling you for a while that we have one of the best beer states in the USA!). Well, now we can claim to have some of the best beers, breweries, brewpubs and retailers in the world. Here is a list of the notable Ohio beers, businesses and establishments who made the RateBeer best for 2011! Congratulations to all of you!!
Best Beers in the World
Best Beers in the World by Style
- #4 – Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold
Best Brewers in the World
- #17 – Hoppin’ Frog, Akron
- #27 – Great Lakes, Cleveland
- #74 – Jackie-Os Pub and Brewery, Athens
- #86 – Barleys Brewing Company, Columbus
Best Beer Bars in the World
Best Brewpubs in the World
- #7 – The Buckeye Beer Engine , Lakewood
- #21 – The Brew Kettle, Strongsville
- #49 – Fat Heads, North Olmstead
Best Beer Retailers in the World
- #15 – Vintage Estate Wine and Beer, Boardman
- #26 – River’s Bend Wine and Spirits, Maineville
- #35 – Belmont Party Supply, Dayton
- #49 – Red, Wine and Brew, Chesterland
If You Enjoyed this Post, Let Me Suggest:
- Brewzilla Attacks Cleveland Beer Week Normally things don’t work out well when a monster invades a city. But on Saturday October 23rd, Brewzilla attacked the beer lovers of Cleveland with a wonderful event that featured over 80 breweries and hundreds of kinds of beer. No, he didn’t come out of Lake Erie. Instead, Brewzilla assaulted us in the form of an overabundance of ale and lager. ...
- The Cleveland Beer Week, err, Christmas Mixed 12 pack Here’s a run-down of what you can expect in the 12 pack that was supposed to be released for Cleveland Beer Week back in October. I got to preview all the beers on tap, so I give some background, raise some concerns about freshness, review the beers, and give a final recommendation. Please read this before you buy your 12 pack!...