Some information has come of light today about the collaboration beers that were brewed for Cleveland Beer Week 2012!
You may remember the craziness surrounding the “Cleveland Beer Week, err, Ohio Craft Brewers Association” Mixed 12 Pack a few years back. This well-intentioned project was met at every corner by more red tape courtesy of our lovely state but did finally see the light of day. In leiu of a bottled effort (and perhaps another showdown with the Ohio Division of Liquor Control), 15 of the Cleveland Area’s best breweries teamed up in 6 groups to create some tasty-sounding one-offs for Cleveland Beer Week 2012.
Here are the teams and the styles for this round of collaborations:
- Great Lakes and Cellar Rats: Wet-Hopped Pale Ale
- Market Garden , Rocky River Brewing and Indigo Imp: Tallboy, a wet-hopped brown ale
- Brew Kettle and Willoughby Brewing: Hoppy Hellesbock
- Buckeye Brewing, Ohio Brewing and Black Box: Nut Brown Ale with Maple Syrup
- Fat Heads and Chardon BrewWorks: Smoked Maple Imperial Bacon Stout
- Thirsty Dog, Cornerstone Brewing, and LagerHeads: Belgian Style Dubble with Plums
Want to try these beers? Well, if you live in the Cleveland area, you’ll have the chance. There are a few ways you may come across these tasty collborations – you can try your luck and see if your local pub or favorite brewery will have some on tap during Cleveland Beer Week (October 19-27, 2012), you can attend Brewzilla on Saturday October 27th (where, although currently unconfirmed, I would bet there’s a good chance these will show up), or you can buy a ticket to a pub crawl for the Collboration Kick-offs event on October 19th and be guaranteed get to try them all. Tickets for Brewzilla are on sale now and Pub Crawl tix go on sale soon at your source for everything CBW2012, clevelandbeerweek.org.
I’ll report updates as they roll in and the days towards another great Cleveland Beer Week count down! Cheers!
If You Enjoyed this Post, Let Me Suggest:
- Brewzilla Attacks Cleveland Beer Week Normally things don’t work out well when a monster invades a city. But on Saturday October 23rd, Brewzilla attacked the beer lovers of Cleveland with a wonderful event that featured over 80 breweries and hundreds of kinds of beer. No, he didn’t come out of Lake Erie. Instead, Brewzilla assaulted us in the form of an overabundance of ale and lager. ...
- Blues & Brews 2011: Preview & Bobby’s ‘Can’t Miss’ Brews Blues & Brews is the party of the Summer for Northeast Ohio Craft Beer fans. Check out my preview of what beers you shouldn't miss, including some you've probably never tried before. I'll see you at the festival!...